Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Book on Good Sportsmanship

Dear Good Manners Devotees',

I had so much to be thankful for on Thanksgiving Day last week: family, friends, turkey, and pie!

I am also thankful that I've been able to take advantage of opportunities that came my way this year. These opportunities have given me a lot of joy and excitement.

So, although it is practically past my bedtime, I had to send out a quick post about the latest thing I am thankful for: to tell you that my second book, The Kids' (and parents', too) Book of Good Sportsmanship was published Friday and went live on Amazon this morning!

I've put its Amazon link above the Zephram link. Isn't Good Sport cute? It's starting to generate some buzz because it is a topic that is quite timely. Isn't that exciting?

Buzz, Buzz, Buzz.

I hope you'll check it out when you have a moment, especially if your child or grandchild plays sports. It's perfect for 4 to 8 year olds to read together with their parents to help explain to both how to be a Good Sport (because let's face it, grown-ups need some reminding, too).

The kids will relate to the different situations that Ben, Grace and others find themselves in, because they're kids just like our kids, in the same kinds of sports/activities our kids are in. And, they'll enjoy the cute illustrations. At the back of the book, there's a little certificate to fill out when you've both finished reading and learned how to be Good Sports.

My next post will be about Cotillion with the younger Good Manners Daughter, I promise. She goes (or should I say, more politely, attends) this Thursday, so she will be full of fresh stories about sweaty hands and boys falling and spilled punch.

So, dear Good Manners Fans, I wish you a belated Thanksgiving, and I hope that you have plenty in your life to give thanks for this year.

Regards,

Leslie