Saturday, May 1, 2010

New children's manners book, and deer repellent

Dear Eager Etiquetters:

May I ask for your opinion to this manners question?

Is it good manners to spray deer repellent on the plants that edge the fence/wall where your neighbors are having dinner outside with guests? (Just in case you aren't familiar with deer repellent, it isn't Glades Country Apple scented. Not at all.)

Now, let's put that deer question aside for now while I fill you in on the bad and good news that's been going on in the Good Manners Household.

The bad news is that since February I've been plotting and planning to do some website renovations to Good Manners Kids Stuff -- to include our new line of plates and spruce things up -- but it is now May and I still haven't gotten to it!

The good news is that I have been able to publish our latest manners book, "It's Time for Good Manners!" and it went live this week! (You can see its blue cover on the side of the blog.)

The book is really cute; it helps children realize that it's time for good manners all day long while also showing them how to tell time. They follow Torie, Tad, Tyler and Tessa during their busy day doing activities and school and play dates and sports just like they do. There is a different clock design for each page and the children get the chance to draw on them and also draw their own designs. It's a perfect combination of story book and work/coloring book.

(Our Good Sportsmanship Book has been really popular this Spring Sports Season, which has been good news, too!)

Before I leave you, Dear Eager Etiquetters, I hope that you've come up with the correct answer to my question: that it is NEVER good manners to spray deer repellent on plants next to where your neighbors are having dinner.

So, please -- even if you're in a high deer populated area, and you love, love, love your plants -- resist the urge to spray until the coast is clear!

Best,

Leslie

P.S. I was going to discuss Prom Shenanigans -- but I think I'll save that topic for my next post!