Sunday, March 15, 2009

Obliviousness at the movies

Dear Reader,

For my latest post I want to share what happened yesterday when Good Manners Dad, one of the Good Manners Daughters and I went to the movies to see the latest Witch Mountain movie with The Rock and the girl from Bridge to Terabithia. (I can't watch that without crying!)

The theatre was not very full. In fact, there were only 5 other people in there. Because it's one of those mega-plexes, all of us were seated very far away from each other.

But don't you know, during the previews, a couple came and sat right in front of us. Right in front of us.

Now, I have to wonder -- were we just invisible in the dark? Or were they just oblivious? We had to shuffle ourselves around because they blocked Good Manner's Daughter's view of the screen, so I'm sure they heard us.

Of course it's a free country -- you can sit anywhere you want in a theatre (when you don't have an assigned seat). But when it is 97% empty, to choose to sit right in front of someone just seems like it was done on purpose.

What do you think?

Looking forward to blogging you later,

Leslie
www.goodmannerskidsstuff.com

No comments:

Post a Comment